Thursday, March 30, 2006

Jay in Rome

So, to continue with my posts from the previous blog...

By the time we got back to Rome, two of Courtney's friends and Jay and had already arrived. After meeting up with them, we had dinner at our place.

Sunday, we went to the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, and the Pantheon. We went to dinner with one of his fraternity brothers and one my favorite restaurants, Falcone. The waiter really pissed me off. He told me what I ordered was too simple and that I should order something else. I've been in Rome for over 2 months and I've had "complicated" stuff, I was in the mood for what I ordered. Then as usual, it took awhile for us to the get the check. We had ordered a liter of wine and by the end, I was feeling slightly tipsy.

Monday, we went to the Coliseum, Palatine Hill, and the Roman Forum. It was really cool to be able to explain what the stuff in the Forum was. I guess I did learn something from that class on Late Antique Art (which I just withdrew from). The restaurant downstairs is closed on Monday, so I just ended up cooking here. I made some sauce with peppers and carrots and pasta.

Later that night, Jay wanted some coke, so we walked to the 24-hour drugstore. On the way back, it started to rain. Some girls were having car trouble and must have asked for help. We didn't understand what they were saying, so we kept walking. They cursed us off, and Jay responded wit h"I don't speak English." Ah, he finally admits it.

He left on Tuesday morning to go to London, and I had to stay for classes. On Thursday, March 9 (aka my birthday), I only had one class. In the morning, Courtney had asked when my b-day was, and I said "today." She felt so bad for forgetting, that when I came home from classes, I found a poster in my room wishingme a happy 22nd Birthday.

I knew Celie was getting into Rome on Thursday, so I tried calling her hostel, hoping to see her before I left for London, but they said she wasn't there yet. Since I am such a big procrastinator, I had to pack before heading off to London (which I was only staying in for 12 hours. The only reason I went there was because I could fly to Palermo from there).

No comments: