Monday, January 01, 2007

Convention

Between the time I walked into the hotel, checking into Convention, checking into the hotel, and heading up to the room, I bumped into about 5 Brothers, who I had to stop and talk to. It's such a great feeling knowing people from so many different chapters and who graduated different years.

When I got to the room, I discovered that 7 of us were in two connecting rooms which was both fun and convenient. Turns out I had gotten there just in time to go out with Temple and Drexel Brothers to one of Gabe's friends' houses. Even there I knew a couple people, which just made me realize how much I love National, ICR events, and just hanging out with Brothers.

Saturday, instead of going to the workshops, I went to brunch with some Alumni, played pitch, helped my "crippled" friend, and got ready for the banquet. The dinner wasn't so good, but the dessert was amazing and the keynote speaker was awesome. After the banquet, there was drinking (not quite as much as last year, which made Sunday better), the after party, and another $60 McDonald's run. We were told that we were not allowed to eat in the lobby, so we headed up to our rooms. For some reason, we decided just to stop outside of one of the elevators and eat there. Everything was fine until we got caught by the "butcher" (an employee that looked like he was wearing a butcher jacket), who sent up three security guards that all but escorted us to our rooms.

Sunday after closing remarks, I got some breakfast and chatted with a few brothers, including one I pretty much hadn't seen since last Convention (he apparently thought sex and the beach would be more exciting than amendments and Kansas City--I disagree).

1 comment:

Drew V. said...

Sex and the Beach?

Sounds like a theme for a great TV show! I wonder who would star in it....