Since I don’t consider it the next day until after I go to sleep, my Sunday didn’t start until around 1pm. We went to lunch with our weekend roomies, and then Gabe and I had to run to get on the shuttle. The good news: we got there before it left. The bad news: the driver would only let one of us in (we could have fit another person, almost everyone were Brothers). Gabe took a cab, he got to the airport a few minutes after me. That was one tiny airport/terminal. Because we made sure to get there early so as not to miss our flight, we had to wait around for awhile. We had some good company because we saw Suzanne who had a flight right before ours.
There was an announcement saying that the plane was really small, so any luggage larger than a briefcase had to be cabin-checked. I wondered how small the plane could be. When I walked on, I got my answer. It was seriously (not including wingspan) the same size as the bus we took to and from CMSU. It held less than 50 people.
When we landed in Indy, we had 2 hours until our next flight. There was no line in security and there was nothing to do in the terminal, so we decided to step out of the airport. This way we could claim to have visited another city/state. When we got back inside, we did a little shopping. I spent as much at the airport as I did at the bar the night before. I bought a shot glass (‘cause I had now visited the state), a magazine, and a neck pillow. Gabe spent $9 on cardinal poop. “That’s the definition of expensive shit.”
Our plane landed in Philly around 10:40. I didn’t get home until 12:30. That’s about how long it took to get home from Newark. This is the second part of why I’m beginning to understand how people hate Philly Int’l. What the hell took so long? Well, first, I said “landed,” not pulled up to the terminal. There was a lot of traffic and construction on the RUNWAY. They told us later that there was also some sort of an emergency with a passenger, so there were also paramedics causing the delay.
Duff also arrived around the same time, so the three of us were going to take a cab to their place. This wasn’t as easy as it sounds. We walked out of the airport and saw a cab immediately. We hopped in and told the driver where we wanted to go, he said, “That’s close” and got out of the cab to argue with the dispatcher. We sat in the car for a couple minutes as they argued, and Duff called the cab the company and reported that driver wouldn’t take us home. When he found out how close we were trying to go, he said, “That’s why.” We got fed up, took our shit and found another taxi. Gabe took me home and I was finally able to get some sleep.
There was an announcement saying that the plane was really small, so any luggage larger than a briefcase had to be cabin-checked. I wondered how small the plane could be. When I walked on, I got my answer. It was seriously (not including wingspan) the same size as the bus we took to and from CMSU. It held less than 50 people.
When we landed in Indy, we had 2 hours until our next flight. There was no line in security and there was nothing to do in the terminal, so we decided to step out of the airport. This way we could claim to have visited another city/state. When we got back inside, we did a little shopping. I spent as much at the airport as I did at the bar the night before. I bought a shot glass (‘cause I had now visited the state), a magazine, and a neck pillow. Gabe spent $9 on cardinal poop. “That’s the definition of expensive shit.”
Our plane landed in Philly around 10:40. I didn’t get home until 12:30. That’s about how long it took to get home from Newark. This is the second part of why I’m beginning to understand how people hate Philly Int’l. What the hell took so long? Well, first, I said “landed,” not pulled up to the terminal. There was a lot of traffic and construction on the RUNWAY. They told us later that there was also some sort of an emergency with a passenger, so there were also paramedics causing the delay.
Duff also arrived around the same time, so the three of us were going to take a cab to their place. This wasn’t as easy as it sounds. We walked out of the airport and saw a cab immediately. We hopped in and told the driver where we wanted to go, he said, “That’s close” and got out of the cab to argue with the dispatcher. We sat in the car for a couple minutes as they argued, and Duff called the cab the company and reported that driver wouldn’t take us home. When he found out how close we were trying to go, he said, “That’s why.” We got fed up, took our shit and found another taxi. Gabe took me home and I was finally able to get some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment