Sunday, September 17, 2006

Fuck Adults

I really hate people who are supposed to be grown up, mature, and responsible--'cause they're NOT!

I found out about a job through a temp agency a couple weeks ago. The woman at the agency was supposed to send me an email with the address and other information. I had to call her in order to get that information. Then, I was possibly going to work somewhere else for a couple, but she never told me definitely, so I had to email her to find out. Finally, she called me and told me I got the job, but she wasn't sure of the details, so she'd email me. Once again, no email. When I called her, she told me the HR department at the company never got back to her, so just go at 8:30 (even though I might not have to be there until 9).

I also work for a promotional agency. I found out about events through email. On Thursday, I got an email telling me about a Breakfast Promotion in Philly this weekend. I clicked the link as well as called the office. The person I was supposed to tell did not answer his phone, so I left a message saying I was interested a long with my phone number. I didn't check my email again until Friday night. There was no email saying, "We need you to work this weekend here's the info..." nor one saying, "sorry, we have all the help we need." I called the office again and heard the following message: "I will be out of the office with no access to voicemail until Monday. If you need to reach me, call my cell phone. If you are working this weekend, call your local rep." I was expecting him to give his cell phone number, but he did not. I would have shown up anyway just in case, but I didn't know specifically where it was. For all the other events, the email saying, "hey do you wanna work?" contained all the information.

I remember getting pissed off at my Fraternity Brothers for not caring out their responsibilities, but they were young, had school work, and many had jobs. However, adults are supposed to be more responsible and these are their jobs. I understand that they probably have other things to do and other things on their minds, BUT this is their damn job. GRRRRRRR

No comments: