After my fun date with my dad, I headed over to April's to watch a movie. Since she Blockbuster Online, we have a tendency to pick a hot actor and order all the movies he's in. Currently were are on a Christian Bale trend. One of the movies he's in is Empire of the Sun, which was made in 1987. Yea, he was like 12 back then. This wouldn't be a problem if the movie wasn't long, boring, and pointless. Definitely shit-tacular.
Saturday, I slept in, then hung out with April. We went shopping for a birthday gift and then had fun wrapping it. Sounds pretty simple, but not for us. First we had to go through newspapers and find the comics. Next, we had to tape multiple comics together to get a sheet that was big enough to cover the box. After it was all wrapped, we "sealed" every edge and place to slip a finger under to rip the paper. We wrapped a couple pieces of tape around the middle. To top it off, we each made a bow out of tape to put on top. By this point, we were kinda loopy, so we made up a song: "I made a boooow, out of tape, for yooooouuuu. So did she."
We finally decided to go to bed because we were tired as hell and had to get up early for the baby's baptism. I woke up at point and looked at my watch--9:20. Damn, only 10 more minutes of sleep. Then I realized I hadn't changed my watch back, so we had hour of sleep left. Her parents hadn't realized this and had gotten up at 8 instead of 9.
The baptism was interesting. They're Episcopalian, which normally has a service very similar to catholic mass. This was more contemporary church with a band and Christian rock music. The dress code was much more casual than usual. One person was even wearing shorts, a t-shirt and no shoes.
After church was the party...
At my suggestion, a few of us escaped upstairs. Later we played Kings up there. After everyone had left, we turned the dining room table into a beer-pong table. Good thing I had those beer-pong balls I had stolen from the bar in Rome.
Monday was Josh's birthday. Leftovers from the party and then a movie. Man of the Year was hilarious. I highly recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment