Thursday, November 02, 2006

Old Tradition

When I was little, my mom would go out with her friends every so often. That would leave my dad responsible for feeding us. Since his cooking skill don't go beyond boiling water (tea and oatmeal), we ate out. For some reason we always went to Wendy's. After dinner we'd come home and I'd kick his ass in Candyland (let me reiterate--I was little).

Anyway, last Friday, my mom went to her 35th high school reunion. Instead of making food that was supposedly in the fridge, my dad and I just decided to go to Wendy's for old time's sake. I knew it wasn't going to be good as when I was little for two reasons: 1) Fast food is high-quality to 5 year-olds. 2) The quality of Wendy's itself has declined: They used to have an awesome salad bar with pasta and pudding (that's what I liked the best).

Well, I had fun anyway :)

No comments: