The other day, around 9:45 am, one of my co-workers walked by my desk and said, "psst excitement in the parking lot." I wasn't really expecting much, because these people that I work with have stared at snow and contemplated if we would get out early. I grew out of that behavior in middle school.
Anyway, when I got to the window that overlooks the parking lot, there really was some excitement. There was an SUV on fire! While we were gawking, the flames and smoke kept growing and eventually both tires blew. We saw an "Auto Glass Repair" truck hanging around for awhile, but eventually I think the driver realized that this car was going to need a little more than glass to fix it.
Then we saw a woman (from the building next door) come out with a set a keys and walk toward the car. We thought it was her car that was in flames, but her car was actually parked right it front of the flaming car. A cop took her keys and moved her car to a safer area.
Even though there is a firehouse about a block away, it took the firemen awhile to arrive because they are volunteers, so they don't stay at the firehouse. It took them a couple tries and a few minutes to put the fire out. If the fire was out, the excitement was over, so we all went back to work.
Anyway, when I got to the window that overlooks the parking lot, there really was some excitement. There was an SUV on fire! While we were gawking, the flames and smoke kept growing and eventually both tires blew. We saw an "Auto Glass Repair" truck hanging around for awhile, but eventually I think the driver realized that this car was going to need a little more than glass to fix it.
Then we saw a woman (from the building next door) come out with a set a keys and walk toward the car. We thought it was her car that was in flames, but her car was actually parked right it front of the flaming car. A cop took her keys and moved her car to a safer area.
Even though there is a firehouse about a block away, it took the firemen awhile to arrive because they are volunteers, so they don't stay at the firehouse. It took them a couple tries and a few minutes to put the fire out. If the fire was out, the excitement was over, so we all went back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment