SUCKS!!
Last week when the weather people were calling for snow, I saw salt trucks while driving to my meeting at 7pm and again while driving home around 11.
Tonight, when it was actually snowing, there was nothing. I got to Philly around 6:30 and that's when snow was starting to stick to the ground. Even if PennDOT didn't believe the weather people (they don't deserve the name "meteorologist" b/c that makes them sound like they're smart), they should have done something once it was actually sticking. Did they? NO! I got out of my meeting, there were a couple inches of snow on my car. It was fluffy, so it was easy to brush off. The problem was the streets were still covered with snow. Even freakin' Broad Street! One of the busiest streets in the city and PennDOT had made no effort to clear it. WTF?!
I decided it would be safest to take I-95 home. I suppose it was, but it still wasn't great. I could tell that it had be salted and/or plowed at some point, but it needed to be redone. It got worse the closer I got to home (probably because it was still coming down). The Blue Route wasn't any better. I was hoping Baltimore Pike would be clear, but it definitely was not.
After finally making it home, I was glad that parking on my side of the street isn't allowed-because that's the only reason I was able to park. There were a couple spots on the legal side, but I couldn't parallel park in this weather. And even though I have a driveway, I didn't want to risk going down the back alley.
Moral of the story: Listen to the freakin' groundhog!! Phil said there was going to be six more weeks of winter-He was right.
No comments:
Post a Comment