Wednesday, February 04, 2009

WTF, work?!

Even more pissed off than I am at PennDOT, I'm furious at my work. On Christmas Eve, when it was maybe a little bit slippery out, we had a one-hour delay. It was so not-bad that I didn't even think to check to see if there was delay - I didn't even find out about the delay until 9am-30 minutes after I had gotten there. Apparently, it was icy near some people's houses.

Last week, when we had an inch of snow (and PennDOT had be salting since 7 the night before), we had a one hour delay. It gave me time to stay in bed an extra 10 minutes and clean off my car.

Today, when there are FIVE inches of snow in Conshohocken - NOTHING!

My anger has nothing to do with the fact that I really want a snow day-who doesn't? I think I'm so pissed because at midnight, PennDOT hadn't done a damn thing.

Apparently, both PennDOT and my work only listen to the weather forecast and didn't bother to look out the damn window.

Because of my non-so-fun experience last night, I refuse to drive today, so I'm having my dad drive me in. He spent an hour shoveling, so we're not going to be able to get in on time. Because I'm supposed to be on the board, I had to call one of my co-workers who live near work. She said that should be able to get in on time. Not that I really care, I'm not risking my life to get there, so they'd just have to suck it up.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: