Here is the drama of my car...
Last Saturday, I was driving home from Hope Bowl at UDel. I was sitting at a light about five minutes from my house (State and Springfield for those of you that know the area)...when all of a sudden BAMM! Someone hit the back of my car, then even worse, I felt my car hit the car in front of me, so, I'd have to pay for that (I tend not to keep my foot fully on the brake when I'm at a light).
Background info: 4 years ago I was rear-ended and the guy never reported it to his insurance agency. It took forever for my insurance company to get paid by the douchebag's (so I had to pay the deductible). I was young and it was my first accident, so I didn't even think to call the cops, so there was nothing I could do.
Back to our regularly scheduled program...
The three of us pulled over (no one was hurt) to inspect the damage, exchange info, etc. Luckily for me (and her) the chick I tapped didn't have any damage (and the impact didn't cause any damage to the front of my car). She didn't feel like sticking around to wait for the cops, so she just left.
When I called 911 ('cause I don't the regular police number), I was outside on the side of the busy road, so I it was hard to hear. He was asking me all kinds of stupid questions (like does anyone need an amulance or tow truck, but the stupidest of all: are the cars smoking? I'm pretty sure I would have mentioned that. but apparently some people are retarded), and he got pissed off at me and accused me of not listening. Besides the fact that I'm impatient, should he really be tying up the 911 lines?
When the cop showed up and took all our info he said that it was a "non-reportable accident," which means that it wasn't technical a police report (but he still had to fill our forms and give us forms). The only reason that the cops need to be called is if there is a dispute over who's fault it was...hmmmm, last time I was rear-ended, there wasn't a dispute, but he still didn't tell his insurance company. I didn't want to take any chances.
I called my insurance company pretty much as soon as I got home. They told me I had to call Allstate (his insurance), which I did right away. On Monday morning as I was about to go into work, I got a call from Allstate asking me if I knew the other guy's phone number, which I didn't. Apparently, he hadn't called them. I decided to give it a couple days before I harassed him at work (I used some good detective skills to figure out where he worked). Luckily, but the time I called back, they had been in contact with him. She told me this meant that when I went to the estimate on Saturday, they'd give me a check right there.
Saturday rolls around and I go to get the estimate. Instead of getting a check, I'm told that the computer is down, so he'll talk pictures and notes and then sometime Monday, the estimate and check will me mailed to me and info faxed to the autobody shop. Well, today, they had trouble finding the estimate, but eventually it was found and everything will me mailed.
I left work early to meet my dad at the bodyshop. He looked at the damage and tried to open the truck (I hadn't tried that because I was afraid it wouldn't close. Well, it's a good thing because once he finally got it opened it wouldn't stayed closed. So we were discussing the damage and after saying how fucked up it was he said, "What do you want me to do if it's totaled?"
That would be the reason for the wine (and my absence at my psp meeting) tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment