Saturday, October 14, 2006

Last Weekend

Last weekend was mostly a blast.

Saturday, I had to wake up just as early as I do for work to head down to UDel for Hope Bowl. It's the annual flag football tourney for AIDS (for more details, check out Drew's Rantings). Luckily, I didn't have to drive anyone down, so I got to get an extra hour of sleep.

So, I get down to UDel's campus around 9am and head to the field where the game's have been played for at least four years...and it's deserted. I called my little, but she didn't answer. "Crap, now what do I do?" I thought. I figured no one from chapter would answer since the games were supposed have started. The only person who's number I know for AH was Drew. Even though he likes to make fun of me and piss me off, he directed to me to the correct fields, so that I was able to meet up with my chapter and the rest of the Brothers.

Our chapter had two teams this year: the rookies and the vets. Since all three of my littles are vets, I hung out with that team all day. They did well this year. The won the first game, but they had to face the team every one fears: the VTech alumni. The good news: they made it through the game w/o VTech scoring. The bad news: neither did they. Unfortunately, they lost in over time. Since it was double elimination, they another shot to make it to the championship. They won a couple more games and then had to face the UDel alumni. It was a good game that once again led to overtime. Unfortunately, we lost, but I'm proud of them. Everyone was pooped from waking up so early and pissed about losing, so we headed north. The plan was to split up, get food and sleep, then meet up for a party. That plan didn't go quite like that...

About five minutes from my house, I got rear-ended (I'm find, I'll write more about that later), so instead of sleep, I got to call insurance companies.

I finally got to the party, which had it's usual antics, with one exception: some one from chapter had taken a souvenir from one of the other chapters..hehehe...

Someone had the great idea of going to Pat's. The problem was it as 2am on a Saturday night. The line was wrapped completely around. Although it took at least thirty minutes to get our food, there was entertainment that can only occur in Philly. A couple drunk guys started "Dallas Sucks" chants and sang the Eagles' fight song.

Speaking of the Eagles and Dallas, the game was Sunday. The funniest part of the weekend was watching Matt McBriar fumble the the ball and then scramble uncessfully to retrieve it. I saw it five times and was still cracking up over it. It was an awesome game, and it was even better to rum it in a certain someone's face. I still remember when his dad (like any other normal person born in the Philly area is an Eagles' fan) said in reference to him being a Dallas fan, "I don't know where I went wrong in raising him."

No comments: