Monday, April 03, 2006

Celie in Roma

I called Celie's hostel on the way back from the train station, but they told me she had checked out. I was a little worried because she hadn't been there before I left and now they were telling me that she was already gone. As soon as I got home, there was an emailing telling me that they switched her hostel, which worked out well for me because it was actually closer. The email also said that she would like at 10:00 in the piazza near the hostel. I checked my watch: 10:45. I rushed over to the square, but I couldn’t find her. I went to her hostel to leave her message, then I walked over to St. Peter's to check there, but I soon realized that it was like looking for a needle in a haystack, so I gave up and started walking back. I was just hoping that she’d stopped back at the hostel and get my message sooner rather than later.

As I was walking back to my apartment, I say her walking down the street. It was soooooooo good to see her. I hadn't seen her since Beck’s going away party in August.

After coming back to my place so I could shower (I always feel gross after being on a train for awhile, especially 12 hours), we wondered around the city. There is so much I still haven't seen. We discovered some fountains and a park. We sat down and watched the kids and parents. I really wish I grew up in Italy, kids here have it so great.

We had dinner at my apartment with the usual crew plus Tina's friends, Bridget and McGrath. It was lots of fun and Stacy even made me a birthday cake. It was yummy and the icing was amazing. I almost made myself sick from eating the extras. Oopsies Tina and I did a couple Birthday Car-Bombs.

On Monday, we met up and went to the Coliseum, Palatine Hill, and the Forum. She was so excited, it was great. Then I took her to St. Paul’s which is really pretty, but not as popular as St. Peter's. It doesn’t make sense since Peter was a Roman citizen, but oh well. After all that walking, I had to get ready to go class. After I got home, we went to Falcone's for dinner. Apparently, a liter of wine is a lot for two girls. By the time we finished, we were pretty buzzed.

On Tuesday, we walked to Piazza del Popolo and walked around there and the gardens for a bit. Apparently, they were filming a movie there, so that was kinda cool. After that, we walked to the Spanish Steps and the Pantheon. I showed her the bars I go to and Piazza Navona where we ate lunch. After a little more wondering, we split up, so I could go to class. We went to the restaurant downstairs and then went out Karaoke-ing with Tina, Megan, Lauren, Bridget, and McGrath. It was so much fun and even though the wine wasn’t that good, it did its job and made us nice and drunk. There was this one (old) guy there that kept singing and dancing with us. It was a great time. I don't think I've ever seen Celie drunk before, it was awesome.

Wednesday, I had class all day, but when I met up with Celie that night, we found a little restaurant to go to. The food was really good, but Celie said the wine sucked. I had to go home after dinner to work on a damn Italian paper (it was the midterm that I handed in 3 days late).

Thursday, we had planned on shopping but I had forgotten it was siesta-time. Celie had already bought the souvenirs she wanted and it had been raining all day, so we decided just to have lunch and dinner and chill at my place. We ate some sandwiches and I made the spinach and artichoke tip that Tina first introduced us too. I forgot a less-important ingredient, so it wasn’t quite as good as before. For dinner we had pasta with vegetables. Since we had to get up at like 5:30, Celie went back to the hostel pretty early. After I helped Celie get to the airport at the ass-crack-of-dawn, I come home and went back to bed.

After Celie left, I was alone because Mary had gone to Sorrento and Capri and Courtney was with her family. Being alone for the weekend was good for me because I was actually productive. I finished my Italian paper and caught up on some readings for my other classes. The time I left the apartment the whole weekend was to go to club on Saturday night with Mary, Tina, Bridget, McGrath, Meg, and Lauren.

No comments: