Thursday, April 06, 2006

Getting Out of Shitty Classes

I was supposed to pick up my late antique/early byzantine Art History midterm on thursday, but I didn't have time because I had to meet Celie. The prof told me that he was going to email me the grade, but he never did. I had to wait until class the following Wednesday. I ended up with a D+ which was actually kinda suprising (I wasn't expected to pass). I really don't need this class to graduate, so I asked if I would be able to withdraw. He said, "People don't withdraw, I kill them." I knew this wasn't true b/c I had talked to someone who had withdrawn from another one of his classes. Unfortunately, I had heard from her that the last day to withdraw from classes was the previous Friday. I decided to look into this...I couldn't find it posted anywhere on this campus and I checked Temple Main Campus' deadline and it wasn't until Monday. The next day, I decided to talk to the dean and beg to be withdrawn. Turns out, no begging was required. He signed the form and even said I could have until Monday to submit it, so that I could be certain my other classes would be enough to satisify my major. My Italian advisor told me the other classes were fine, so I withdrew from the class.

I remember sophomore year, when I tried to withdraw from Organic I because Williams had told me I was going to fail. The Honors advisors had given me so much shit about wanting to withdraw. "You know, you can only withdraw from five classes in your entire college career at Temple?" I told them I had intention of using those all up...

So here I am two months away from graduation, and I've only withdrawn from two classes. And I least I now only have 2 F's on my transcript (and only one that counts b/c that prof was a total dickhead, but that's a completely different story).

No comments: