Monday, April 03, 2006

Overnight Train #2

Since I had been on an overnight train less than two weeks prior, I thought I knew what to expect and my expectations were pretty low. Fortunately, this experience was different that from Spring Break. Instead of Six-person cabin’s, there were only four. Plus, they gave us blanket and sheets. When the train started to move and no one else had entered our cabin, we started thinking, "hey maybe we don’t have to worry about other people." But I knew that there were different stops, so I didn’t get my hopes up. However, after a few stops and we were still alone, I started thinking it actually could be possible to have our own cabin. Unfortunately, shortly after this, two guys joined us. It was pretty awkward, especially not speaking the same language. But it turns out that one of the guys did know some English, so we talked for a few minutes and then worked out sleeping arrangements. Because there were only 4 beds, we didn’t have to worry about all going to sleep at the same time. I stayed up and read for a bit, but then when the train got on the ferry (I’m guessing this is how we got across the straights of Messina), I started getting sea-sick, so I went to sleep.

I actually managed to sleep pretty decently, which was good because I didn’t have time to sleep because I planned on meeting up with Celie.

No comments: