Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Baths, showers, mirrors (and some nudity)

I've always known that Italians like to have lots of mirrors in their houses...both sets of grandparents have huge mirrors in their living rooms and my mom has a smaller one, but do you really need full length mirrors in the bathroom. I was under the impression that most people don't really like looking at their naked bodies.

As I was taking my last shower ever in my apt in Rome on Sunday, I realized that I had left the medicine cabinet door open and could see my myself in the mirror (Our curtain was too short to close completely and the doors, which were mirrors swung out completely).

Later that day, as I was taking a jackass bath at my cousin's, I looked to my right and once again saw the reflection of my naked body. Now, I don't have any serious issues with the way I look, but I still don't really want to see myself get washed.

Speaking of baths...

I haven't taken many baths since elementary school (but I do shower daily), but I pretty much figured it was just because showers are quicker. After all, I loved baths as a kid. I tried taking one this semester and was planning on relaxing and reading a book while in there, but after about five minutes I got bored and got out.

I figured out what the difference between baths now and when I was a kid--toys. I realized this when on Sunday my cousin pointed out her bath toys and said they didn't take baths without them. I tried to play with them, but it was kinda boring by myself (fyi, baths with other people are a lot of fun, especially if breakfast is invovled, but that's really an entirely different subject). I really think I'm getting old. When I was little I could play with myself...I mean by myself (pesky little prepositions) without any trouble. Apparently, I've lost my imagination, it's kind of depressing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yaa i think it has some thing to do with self awarness too. My self i feel stupit when i play by my self. Or i tihnk pepol are looking at that werid doud climing a tree.